Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Salt


Women Can't Lead a Movie
I just saw Salt and I loved the story. The whole time your wondering where her loyalties lie, but I have one huge criticism. Why hasn't anyone realized that Angelina Jolie can't act? First of all everyone is to distracted about her over-sized lips to pay attention to the movie and of course she tries to be sexy. There's a part where she takes her underwear off from underneath her skirt to put on a security camera.... Necessary? No... but thats just how pathetic her movies are.
There is always this 'a woman can kick ass' mentality in movies, ranging from Kill Bill to Planet Terror to Catwoman. Hasn't anyone learned that in reality women can't kick ass? They are fragile delicate things... So I'm sorry but Jolie jumping onto the top of a semi, speeding down the highway at 90 seems a little retarded. With that being said, the shifts in the plot were predictable in my opinion, although there was one good surprise in the movie. I liked the idea of it and they set up for a sequel, which I can't say I won't see but then again I see everything.
Russian spies is always an exciting storyline, I just can't stand Angelina Jolie. Oh and there was a woman priest presiding over a Catholic funeral. The action sequences of this movie were not good but even still the storyline was intriguing. I think Angeline Jolie needs to quit trying to be something she is not --- sexy. Phillip Noyce is a decent B rate director though and so he pulled off about a B rate movie. It'll make some money and comfort women by encouraging them to jump off overpasses onto 18 wheelers. I wish Jolie missed the truck and got nailed by another semi in the first 15 minutes of the movie. I don't buy her badass sexiness... its a little too forced to me. If you want to see it, go into it knowing that its just another typical 'girls rule' movie.

Jury's Verdict - C

No comments:

Post a Comment